How do I add External Contacts?
Your organization's external contact phone numbers (emergency responders, local hospitals, poison control, etc.) are managed in the External Contacts section of the console.
To view this list of external contacts in the app, tap the Organization tab and choose Contacts. The Contacts section will default to internal contacts (other users of the CrisisGo app within your organization). External contacts can be viewed by tapping External.
External contacts can be added one at a time or can be imported from an Excel file.
To add external contacts one at a time:
- Log in to the console
- Hover over Users at the top of the screen
- Click External Contact
- Click Add to create a new contact
- Fill in the contact details (please note the asterisk on required fields)
- Click Save
To import multiple external contacts at once:
- Follow steps 1-3 listed above
- Click Import/Export
- Click Import Contacts
- Click Download Contact Template
- Add the external contact information to the template (delete the example contacts in the template)
- Save the file to your computer
- Return to the console and click Import Contact (excel) file
- Locate the saved file on our computer
- Click Import
You will receive a pop-up box outlining the success or failure of the upload. If any contacts failed to upload, please double-check that the formatting matched that of the template and that all required fields are completed for each contact.