What is Post-Alert Mute?
Turning on Post-Alert Mute for a crisis type mutes any CrisisGo tones following the initial Alert until the alert is released.
- Post-Alert Mute turned OFF: The alert tone will sound for 30 seconds and stop. Subsequent app tones will follow normal settings. Recommended for:
- Weather Events (Tornado, Lightning)
- Explosion, etc.
- Post-Alert Mute turned ON: The initial alert tone will sound for 30 seconds. Any subsequent tones, however, will be muted on the device. Recommended for:
- Active Shooter
- Armed Intruder
How to Turn on Post-Alert Mute:
- Log in to the console and click Crisis/SOP at the top of the screen.
- Click the name of the crisis that needs Post-Alert Mute.
- Check the box beside Post-Alert Mute to mute any following CrisisGo tones until the Alert is released.
- When you are finished making changes, Publish the console to push the new data to the CrisisGo app.