How do I keep the CrisisGo PC App Online in Windows?
For CrisisGo to work effectively, you should keep your computer powered on and make sure it is always connected to an available and stable network.
Additionally, for laptops, you should always keep the power plugged in and change the power settings so that closing the lid does not force the laptop to sleep when it's closed.
Using the following guide will ensure your computer will never go to sleep automatically:
Step 1 - Find your computers Power Settings:
- Windows 10:
- Select Start and then click Settings
- Click System
- Select Power & sleep from the left pane and then click Additional power settings.
- Windows 8/RT 8.1:
- Swipe in from the edge of the screen and tap Search. If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.
- Enter Power Options in the search box and then tap Power options.
- Windows 7:
- Click Start
- Select Control Panel
- Click System and Security and then select Power Options.
Step 2 - Disable the auto-sleep option:
- Find your current power plan (the plan which is currently checked) and click Change plan settings.
- Next to “Put the computer to sleep”, select Never (both On battery and Plugged in), and then select Save changes.
Recommended Setting - Update what happens when you close the lid:
- If you’re using a laptop, select Choose what closing the lid does. Next to “When I close the lid”, select Do nothing (both On battery and Plugged in)
- Select Save changes. This will protect your laptop from sleeping when you close the lid.