How do I assign a user special permissions?
By default, when a new user is created, they will have the permissions given to their assigned role in Role Management.
However, sometimes a staff member requires special permissions. An example of this would be having a staff member that goes between several buildings. While they still fall under the "Staff" role permissions, you can change their permissions to grant additional access.
Follow these steps to assign special permissions to individual users:
- Log in to the administrative console.
- Hover over the Users tab and select User Management.
- Find the user to modify and select Account Permission (the person icon) beneath Action.
- Toggle User Default Role Permission off to assign the user special permissions beyond the Default Role Permissions.
- Modify the user's permissions accordingly. See below for an explanation of each permission option.
- Choose All Buildings to allow the user to access Internal Contacts of all buildings.
- Choose My Buildings to allow the user to access the Internal Contacts of their assigned buildings
- Choose All Buildings to allow this user to access Maps of all buildings.
- Choose My Buildings to allow the user to access Maps of their assigned buildings.
- Choose All Buildings to allow this user to access the Roster data for all buildings.
- Choose My Buildings to allow the user to access the Roster data for their assigned buildings.
- Choose My Roster to allow the user to access Roster data for own classes (Note: If you choose this option, you must include the user's Staff ID number in User Management).
- Choose None to block the user's Roster access.
External Contact Permission
- Toggle on to allow a user to access the External Contacts (a list of your organization's emergency contacts).
Please be sure to Publish your changes upon completion to push the updates to the CrisisGo app.