How do I change who can send Alerts?
When setting up a message group with Alerts, you will be asked to assign a set of users to be in charge of sending and ending Alerts in the event of a drill or an emergency.
There are two options to choose from: Managers and Managers and Members.
Follow these instructions to set or modify the Alert Senders in the Console:
- Log in to the Console and navigate to the message groups by hovering over the MESSAGE tab and then clicking on Message Group Management.
- Click the pencil icon next to the group you want to modify.
- Once you are on the Configuration screen, click ALERT on the left-side panel.
- From here you can configure the alert senders:
- If Alerts are already on - click the pencil icon beside each Alert Type to select the Alert Senders.
- If Alerts are turned off - Toggle the switch to On and then click Select Alert Type.
From here, you can set up new Alerts by clicking the checkbox, setting the Alert Senders and then choosing a Sound Type.
- Click Submit.
Please note that only Console Admins or Managers of the group will be able to change these permission settings. If you feel that you need this access, please contact your Crisis Admin.